Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Walking with God

"Enoch walked with God 300 years and fathered sons and daughters... Enoch walked with God." Genesis 5:22-24

I worry about life, the future, things to do. That sentence pretty much describes my focus this morning. Praise be to God that he can calm my anxious heart and remind me of his sweet desire for my life!! His desire for me to know him, to walk with him. Too often my longing for his companionship gets clouded by the pursuit of worldly success. But, softly he whispers to me, "Slow down." He reminded me to focus on walking with him, before I worry about running. He spoke today, through Beth Moore's words:

"When all is said and done, God may have His own personal testimony of all who lived by faith. Don't miss the four word testimony of one of His saints found in Genesis 5: "Enoch walked with God."
"That's all we have to do in order to please God. Walk with Him. He wants our company, and the only way we can walk with Him is to walk by faith and not by sight. The law of Moses did not exist in Enoch's era. He had no rules or regulations. We have no ground for believing that God appeared to him or spoke aloud from the heavens. In a cold world, Enoch simply had a feverish pursuit of God."
Believing God Day by Day, November 27, by Beth Moore

Note to self: stop running through life like the world, and start walking with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment