Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Your Word

How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.
Psalm 119:9-16

This past month, the title of this blog has been my prayer.  Lord, bind my wandering heart to Thee! As more things competed for my attention, I became more and more fickle in my walk with God.  Intimately focused one day.  Distracted for a week...  I knew my priorities were off-balanced. My mindset was "I'll get to my Bible study next...." Only, "next" quickly turned to night and my day had run out of time.  I knew that I would only know God more deeply through studying his word, yet I kept relying on my "great" time management skills to work things out on their own.

Thankfully, my God is faithful.

He continued to tug at my heart day after day.  Reminding me that it was only in his word I would grow closer to him.  Only there would I learn him, love him, desire him.  My prayers were (and still are) to desire him more, but I was not listening as he told me where to find him.  Praise the Lord, yesterday he broke through my stubbornness once again!! Even this morning, my human laziness to open his word ailed me.  But his truth is like sweet medicine to the soul! Healing and restoring my heart and my mind.

But medicine only works if you take it.  Right now, I want to encourage you to turn off your phone, TV, iPod, etc.  Spend some time in God's holy word and in prayer.  You need it! And if you just wait for time with God to happen, without putting effort into making it happen, it won't!  Take it from a girl who knows. 

Why are you still reading this?! Time's a-tickin'! Break away from the business and restlessness of life for a little bit.  Let God refresh you with his unfailing peace and love!! :)

Don't own a Bible? Please check out http://www.biblegateway.com/. Clueless as to where to start? Type John 1 in the website's search bar and press Enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment